Freckleeyewear processes your personal data in accordance with the requirements and in compliance of the required consumer information protection legislations in South Africa.
Categories of Personal Data that FRECKLEEYEWEAR processes
- Your contact information – names, postal address, mobile or phone number, email address
- Your IP addresses
- Purchase details including the payment method and transaction number
- History of your order
- Customer service information – all kind of communication and correspondence between you and our customer service department.
- In exceptional circumstances, you may be required to provide us with additional details of your ID card, in order to certify your identity.
- In a limited number of cases, we can invite you to provide us your photos, videos or others in case you declare your desire to participate in one of our tombolas, campaigns or other events.
- FRECKLEEYEWEAR reserves the right to send to all its customers an invitation to participate in satisfaction surveys. Participation is always optional.
- FRECKLEEYEWEAR does not process or store data from your bank cards or other financial instruments.
Lawfulness of processing
- FRECKLEEYEWEAR processes your personal data, necessary for the performance of your contract.
- FRECKLEEYEWEAR processes your personal data necessary to comply with the requirements of tax, financial or other domestic legislation.
We process your personal data for the following purposes
- For the purpose of accurate and correct execution and delivery of your order.
- For the purpose of clear and accurate communication with you about the status of the order.
- For the purpose of warranty within the warranty period of the products
- For the purpose of customer satisfaction and loyalty programs
- For the purpose of the requirements of tax and accounting legislation – to declare and count our sales.
- In exceptional circumstances, FRECKLEEYEWEAR may process additional identification information of yours in order to avoid financial fraud or identity theft.
- As an exception, FRECKLEEYEWEAR can process additional data such as photos, videos and other media, for the purposes of various campaigns or lotteries, only in the cases when customers participate in these events.
- In order to be able to send our newsletter and promotional materials, only in cases when customers give their consent for that.
Time period for which your personal data will be stored:
FRECKLEEYEWEAR stores your personal data, that you have submitted during your account registration on our Site, if your account remains active.
FRECKLEEYEWEAR stores your personal data during the production and delivery of products as well as the time period specified in the Return Policy for the possible returns and product warranty, but not longer than 2 years or longer than the time of warranty.
In case that we require additional data to verify your identity, we will store these data until the legal requirement to keep these data is no longer in place.
In the case of collecting personal data for the purposes of a particular campaigns, lotteries and any other promotions, the period of processing shall be specified in every case, and the participants shall be informed thereof.
Potential recipients of your personal data:
FRECKLEEYEWEAR does not provide your personal data to third parties, unless legally required to do so or except for the operational necessities listed below:
FRECKLEEYEWEAR provides your name, address, and phone number to the courier company that delivers your product.
In exceptional circumstances, FRECKLEYEWEAR may confirm your personal data with payment service providers, in order to prevent financial fraud or identity theft.
FRECKLEEYEWEAR transfers the necessary personal data to accountancy service providers as well as tax and other public authorities when specific legislation requires this.
Your rights as a data subject – at any time you have the right to:
- Get access to your personal data that FRECKLEEYEWEAR processes, also to receive a copy of them
- To ask the erasure of personal data concerning you (the right to be forgotten ) if you believe that it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed. Please note that this right can not be exercised in the event that a special law expressly provides for a fixed term to be retained.
- To ask for rectification of inaccurate personal data in cases where they do not correspond to the truth.
- To exercise one of the above rights, simply send us e mail message with your request on our contact page or an email to email@example.com. We will answer you in a short time.
- At any time in which you are concerned that your rights are violated, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, which is noted below.
Our recommendations to you regarding your personal data protection:
- Keep your password secure and do not share it with third parties.
- If you are using a public computer (in a library or Internet cafe), always make sure you log out of your account before turning off the computer.
- FRECKLEEYEWEAR guarantees that we do not require our clients to disclose their password for the usage of website. FRECKLEEYEWEAR does not require our clients to disclose data from their bank accounts or other financial instruments. Any such request made to you by phone, chat or email should be ignored.
If someone has addressed such a request to you, please contact and inform FRECKLEEYEWEAR immediately.
How do we protect your Personal Data?
FRECKLEEYEWEAR assures that we have taken all administrative, technical and physical measures to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, access, disclosure or use.
FRECKLEEYEWEAR has adopted its own internal ethics rules for the processing of personal data, and our employees have gone through special training on the principles of the Right to protection of personal data and the basic obligations of companies in relation to Consumer Protection.
We secure our website and other systems using technical and organizational measures against the loss, destruction, access, modification or distribution of your data by unauthorised persons. Despite of the regular checks, a complete protection against all threats is not possible.
Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
FRECKLEEYEWEAR operate and controls within the meaning of Consumer Protection.
If you request a file from the website, certain access data is stored by default.
This data set consists of:
- The page that was requested from the file
- The name of the file
- The date and time of request
- The retention periods
- The amount of data transferred
- The access status (file transmitted, file not found, etc.)
- A description of the type and the version of the browser
- The installed operating system
- The screen resolution and colour depth
Additional personal data is only stored if voluntarily given by you, e.g. during registration or the implementation of a contract. You will find more information under the “optional details” heading
We use the information contained in cookies in order to facilitate the use of our site and to adapt the website to your needs. We recommend that you do not disable your browser from accepting cookies, as it will prevent you from moving freely from page to page and from taking advantage of all of the features of the Freckleeyewear.com website.
You may use the Freckleeyewear.com website without providing any personal information. You will however need to provide some certain information in order for a possible purchase of the products offered on the website for the purposes of paying and processing your order. This information we use for internal order transactions and pass them where required for these purposes on to third parties. Your data is passed down to the shipping company, to the extent necessary to deliver the products (name, address, possibly a telephone number to coordinate the delivery). For the settlement of payments, your payment details (such as your charge or credit card number) will be passed to our bank if necessary. These third parties, however, are obligated to treat the data they have obtained from us confidentially and to solely use it for the purpose of service and transaction processing on our behalf.
If you sign up for our newsletter, we send emails to the registered email address with information about our company, email for advertising purposes and information on our products.
A transfer of your data to any other third parties or use for advertising purposes does not take place. If you wish to use your data for advertising purposes of Freckleeyewear.com, you can always subscribe to our newsletter.
The customer login enables you to look at your orders and change your customer information and password. You may also request Freckleeyewear, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to delete your personal information at any time as soon as your order has been processed and delivered.
Please be aware that Freckleeyewear may collect non-personal information about you even if you do not purchase any products on the website (see “Cookies”).
We secure our website and other systems by the use of technical and organizational measures against the loss, destruction, access, modification or distribution of your data by unauthorised persons. Despite of the regular checks, a complete protection against all threats is not possible.
Cancellation / Information
You can cancel, at any time, the consent of storing and processing your data, correct the data stored by us, get information or request the deletion of the data. On request, we will provide at any time complete and free information about you and your company which is stored in our database. Simply send us a short message on our contact page or an email to email@example.com. If a deletion conflicts with statutory or contractual storage duties, we will block the data.
If you have any questions about Freckleeyewear privacy policies and practices, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Department by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org